Friday, June 12, 2009

The Rain in Spain...


                             [Jessi & I at the dolphin show at the Madrid Zoo! FANTASTIC!]
     [Jessi, Whitney & I before going to see "Carmen: The Flamenco Ballet." It was amazing!]
 [Strange creatures in the square... these people are everywhere! The rabbit scared me. I had to walk very quickly away.]


...hasn't fallen at all!

This place is so strikingly beautiful. Everywhere we go, we see couples in love. It's so wonderful to witness! Except for the ones who decide to get a little frisky on the beach... notice bottom photo for an example of that. We have spent a lot of time walking, eating, sleeping, drinking delicious wine, walking some more, falling asleep on park benches, grass, cement blocks, the metro... oh wait, that's just me. I really think I have narcolepsy... must figure that out when I get back to The Gambia! 

INTERESTING THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED IN SPAIN:

1. Freaking out about seeing McDonald's then promptly having a photo shoot at 5am. Tammy & I both nearly teared up over our meals. Then I immediately had diarrhea. Standard.
2. Stepping onto the Metro and greeting everyone with a big "Salaam maaleekum." It was very embarrassing.
3. Speaking Mandinka and not Spanish. It happens ALL THE TIME!
4. Going to the zoo with Jessi and watching her ask the man, "If we rent a buggy, do we have to be disabled?" After having rented the buggy, she attempted driving it down a wheelchair ramp and broke the fence on top of getting stuck. A nice Spanish dad helped us push it back up the hill and his daughter sobbed the entire time.
5. Watching the people be painted with silver and gold paint and then taking pictures of them as they pretend to be statues.
6. Getting free shots everywhere! What is the sense in that?! Do people know we are poor? We sure aren't attractive OR clean! OR healthy, for that matter.


[the south of France... yes, I went there! For free! I'm so lucky!]
[beautiful San Sebastian... again, I could live here]
[ a couple getting it on on the beach!!!! yikesers.]

1 comment:

Erin Pendexter said...

My dearest daughter Kasey Rose,
The pictures and stories are remarkable - I do hope the beautiful picture of you contains a bit of what you ate for lunch and not a piercing:( Yikes!

Followers