Friday, December 19, 2008

6 Days 'til Christmas...

I AM HOME SWEET HOME AND IT FEELS AMAZING! :o] I am back in the boom and feeling wonderful. I climbed off my bike and little naked Ousman came running up to me, dancing with his pink scarf and saying Mandinkan nonsense in his high-pitched voice. He makes my life here so much better. After giving him a high-five, I immediately asked where Faatu was… and she’s still in Kombo. After talking to my mothers, I found out that she is still really ill and they aren’t sure what her status is or when she will be home. This breaks my heart… I love this little girl. I miss her constant company amongst this herd of boys that my compound is composed of.

Anyway, on to a lighter topic. I talked with my family for almost an hour today, and it was HEAVENLY. I am in the most amazing mood, which usually is foretelling sickness [for further evidence, see below posts. Notice any coincidences? I rest my case]. Marse is doing amazing, she’s really doing wonderfully with the modeling gig and I am SUPER proud of her. She wrote a 23-page thesis that my mum edited [there are so many reasons why my family is extraordinary!] and she finished her finals last week. Zeke-o just finished finals a few days ago and is home as well. I have such respect for him, he is bearing an incredible load of science and math classes. I don’t know how he does it… I wish I had half of his intelligence! So proud of you too, Zeke. You’re in such a difficult program and you’re working hard… I just might have to put a post on your Facebook wall about it. Haha. “God Kasey, you’re such an idiot!”

So I am sitting underneath my bednet and I can hear the crickets outside. I just had white rice for dinner and some baobob crackers. I highly recommend Googling a baobob tree, they are very interesting. The fruit looks like it has a tail and it is fuzzy. Inside is chalky and the people make it into a drink. It’s wicked good for you and has a ton of nutrients but I can’t handle the tail, or the fact that you have to climb trees to get them.

Speaking of which, saw a pack of monkeys the other day when I was biking to Bambako! A whole 25ish of them went sprinting across the road not even 16 feet in front of me. It was unreal! Definitely reminded me of where I was :o]

Well, sadly enough I am tired and need to catch up on my sleep. I have a busy day of language learning tomorrow… and I am proud to say that I think I completely aced my language test yesterday. I should know my results tomorrow! :o]

I hope everyone is in the Christmas spirit and loving life as much as I. God be with you.

No comments:

Followers