Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Our 27km hike through mud. Yeah, this happened. No, I cannot completely clean my clothes since this.
Lizzy & I. You will never see me look this happy to be hiking again.
AFRICA :o]

It’s Christmas Eve, and I am back at Tendaba. Today, to help keep our minds off the fact that it was Christmas Eve, they had us all go on a 27km trek through the African wilderness. Sound easy? Yeah, I thought so as well, until I devoured two spam sandwiches before 11:30am and proceeded to have insane diarrhea underneath a tree in the middle of a rice paddy. Yeah, it happened. TWICE. I had Liz take guard, as in, don’t let the rest of the 25 people in our group walk down the road as I am attempting to find a prime area to completely unleash a demon. Pretty brutal.

The scenery was breathtaking and we had a good time overall. My legs are wicked sore right now and the blisters on my foot aren’t exactly attractive, but I got in an amazing shower and I feel GREAT. I’m planning on posting a video of Marnie getting stuck waist-high in mud… she drops the F bomb every two seconds because she was terrified that she was going to die, but I find it pretty humorous. Needless to say, I am a Mountain Woman… minus all the hair.

I got to talk to my mum and brother tonight, which was amazing :o] The owner of Tendaba allowed us a few free drinks, and Mike, our Country Director, sent up a bag full of Christmas cookies and cakes. DELICIOUS. You would be amazed at how good ‘American’ food tastes after you have lived off rice. I’m not even 2 months in! I’m in big trouble…. :o]

Right now, Lizzy and I are lotioning up our pathetic feet. I will write more later… Merry Merry Merry Christmas everyone, I love you all so much!

1 comment:

Erin Pendexter said...

Kasey,

You and Lizzie are the same color as the Gambian people!

Love you
Mom

Followers