Sunday, November 30, 2008

DEATH TAKE ME NOW

Yesterday, I wanted to die.

Truly.

I awoke at about 5am and my world was rocking. Not spinning, but rocking violently. I was clutching the bed with all my might and still felt as if I may fall off. When the rocking finally subsided, my body became instantly hot and I broke out into a cold sweat. Within minutes I was crashing through my door and into my backyard, grabbing at my bucket to hurl in. And upchuck I did. To all of you who have had to hold my hair back as I am crying, whining, complaining about not feeling good and “I can’t puke it just won’t come up”…. You would have been proud yesterday. No tears, just an insane amount of rice. This happened 4 times [with the dizziness]. The second time I awoke to my world rocking, I was throwing up so hard that I nearly went in my pants. So as I am vomiting, I am dragging the bucket to my latrine and voila! Both ends at once. Did you know that’s possible? Well, it is. One of my moms was outside bathing and I could hear her tentatively say, “Saatu?...Saatu saasaa?” Which basically means, Saatu’s sick? Oh yes, I was.

Needless to say, I was a whole bucket of misery [pardon the pun] yesterday. Marnie ended up coming over around 11am and made me some Gatorade and brought me some crackers. I finally stopped throwing up around 1 but the diarrhea has yet to cease, even today. Lucky, lucky me!

Sorry Zekeo for calling and waking you up at not even 6am making you get mom. I guess I haven’t changed in that aspect :o]

Anyway, by 4 last night I was feeling 100x better. Liz and I biked to Bambako and we spent the night at Marnie’s. She has got some insane animals at her place. At around 5am [just before the PA system went off and just after Mice Wars 2008 occurred in her ceiling] a donkey came barreling through her compound braying as loudly as can be. What was on its’ tail? A dog, barking as if he’d lost his head. Absurd, I tell you! But entertaining nonetheless.

I came back this morning so that I could have a one-on-one with Bakary at 8am. I’ve been doing work since 9, getting caught up on what I missed yesterday and just generally trying to get ahead. I’m battling with some homesickness today for some reason. Maybe it’s because I know tomorrow is the first day of December and it doesn’t feel like it. I’m listening to Christmas music right now, but it doesn’t feel the season. I need to find a tree to decorate.

Oh, yeah. Amidst my cleaning this morning, I found a mountain of maggots in my house. FILTHY. I am no longer the girl you once knew…. Between the ants, mice, cat turds, bed bugs, mosquitoes, diarrhea/vomit at the same time, maggots…. Man. How could I not have changed??

No comments:

Followers