Monday, November 3, 2008

Night Before Departure

Well, my first time writing a blog... and what a time to begin! My mum has just stomped upstairs and demanded I finish packing. Whenever I walk into her room and see all my stuff littered on her floor [and NOT in my open suitcase], I get this stab of nostalgia. I have to keep telling myself, I can do this, I can leave everything I know and love to enter a country where I'm going to be surrounded by complete strangers.

They will become family, I know that.

I will be up bright and early tomorrow morning to make my 7am flight to Philly. Saying farewell to my sister and mother is going to be killer.

Signing off now, Jo is on her way over as well as my dad, and so the goodbye's begin! Wish me luck...
xox
Kase

3 comments:

Erin Pendexter said...

I love you Kasey - and yes you stil have to finish packing. Once that is complete I will be able to concentrate on words of wisdom for this exciting journey.
Love, Mom

Erin Pendexter said...

My dearest Kasey,

I am so very proud of you and know it took tremendous strength and courage to choose this path on your journey called life. You are correct in that it will be most difficult at the airport in the morning as I love you dearly and will certainly miss you; our walks together, your dream stories, your amazing way to "take over the entire house in 5 minutes or less", and most of all, all "Kasey Rose" offers the world. Even missing you cannot replace the excitement I hold in my heart for you in the exciting world of The Gambia. I will leave you with 2 quotes that seem appropriate. I love you Kasey and know that a power much higher than me will guide this journey.

In this world it is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich. --Henry Ward Beecher

Our true wealth is the good we do in this world. None of us has faith unless we desire for our neighbors what we desire for ourselves. --Muhammad

Love, Mom

Erin Pendexter said...

The first leg of the journey has begun, struggling with 2 suitcases that collectively weigh more than Kasey, Marsey & Kasey saying goodbye on the curb, a delighful attendant that only charged for the bag that was over 80 lbs, not the one over 50, and proudly/sadly watching Kasey go through those security gates. Good luck finding "Rocky" in Philadelphia!

Love you,
Mom

Followers